Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Progress!!

Today was the first day with students at my school, how quickly we will be in the thick of things.  I can never believe how fast fall goes by.  I did make some progress today and am feeling like I am nearing completion of my final project.  I worked on the Makerspace Agreement and the Maker Application for our school today, here is the link EFHS Maker Application and Makerspace Agreement .  I would love some feedback on them, any suggestions for improvement are welcome.  I am also working on the Makerspace hook video which will be shown to the entire school on Friday, I'm about halfway done.  It will have pictures of the space before, after, a brief explanation of what a Makerspace is, what tools/equipment are in the Makerspace and how students can access the space.  After the assembly students will be sent a google form (below) that they will need to fill out in order to sign up for a Makerspace Orientation.  


I will then be running Makerspace orientation sessions over the next two weeks (2-4 times based on how many students are interested).  During the orientation students will learn more about what Makerspaces entail and what it means to be a Maker as well as be able to get their hands dirty on a project of their choosing (I will give them an option of several different kits to choose from).  At that point if they are still interested in accessing the space they will fill out the Maker Application and bring home a Makerspace Agreement to sign and share with their parents.  

I'm still waiting on a computer and the 3D printer for the Makerspace but I finished cleaning up the odds and ends in the room and got my hands on a Sewing Machine!!  I also set up our vinyl cutter!





1 comment: