Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Making Music and Animations

Last week I successfully finished up filming my Jitterbots with my green screen kit.  It was a challenge for me because I did not have a big space to set up the green screen.  I was able to make it work but if the space had been a little bigger it would have worked much better.  

I filmed the video first with my iPad and then imported the videos into the Do Ink Green Screen app.  I began putting my Jitterbot Habitats behind the Jitterbots themselves which was fairly easy and worked well.  I then began working on music for my video in Garage Band.  I struggled a little to get the music to sound the way that I wanted it to.  I ended up using some of the apple loops in the garage band app and that helped a lot!  I wanted to make four different music clips for each different Jitterbot each with a different feel.  I think I was able to achieve that.

Once I finished up the music I started working on the animations for the video.  I didn't want the animations to take away from the Jitterbots so I decided to make them simple but kept with the color scheme of the robots so it would stand out from the background.  The animations were the most difficult, I used the Do Ink Drawing app.  It is not the easiest app to use and I couldn't find answers to some of my questions through the app or online.  I'm finishing up putting everything together with some app smashing, using both of the Do Ink apps and the iMovie app.  Hoping to have it all finished tomorrow at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment