Thursday, August 7, 2014

Jitterbot Habitats

Today started off wonderful with the completion of my Blue Jitterbug!  I really wish I had quit while I was ahead yesterday rather than trying to finish while I was tired and impatient.  After completing my Jitterbug I started working on their habitats!  Initially I was going to collage these but decided against it and wanted to do something a little more simple.  I started off drawing some habitats for my Jitterbugs by hand on colored paper and then photographing them (I don't have a scanner).  Here's what they looked like:




I wasn't very happy with the ending result, the drawings just didn't have any depth, I wanted them to be simple and not take away from the Jitterbots but I just wasn't happy with these.  I decided to go another route and re draw the images in black and white, take pictures again and then colorize them in Illustrator.  Here is what one of them looks like:



I'm much happier with the result of this one, it's still simple but has a little more depth to it!
Next I have to set up my green screen and start filming!!



No comments:

Post a Comment